Did you know that May 18 is “National No Dirty Dishes Day” in the U.S.?
Celebrate with us, and find a few tips on how to load the dishwasher from our home economist in the dish lab. Our team of experts knows a few things about dirty dishes, the dish lab at Whirlpool Corporation runs approximately 4000 loads of dirty dishes a year.
- Leave room between items for water to circulate completely around your dishes.
- Make sure tall or long items do not block the spray arm.
- Scrape, don’t rinse!
Now here are three more tips!
- Alternate spoons and forks or use the slotted basket to keep flatware from nesting together.
- Place heavily soiled items on the bottom rack, facing down and use the warmest water setting.
- Use a high quality, single dose packet detergent for best cleaning results.
For more ideas on ways your dishwasher can help clean up household messes: 5 Unique Things You Can Wash In Your Dishwasher