Roasting a whole chicken can be intimidating for even the most experienced cooks. Our cooking expert Anna Carl from Whirlpool Corporation takes the difficulty out of roasting with these easy to follow tips.
- Trim excess fat and clean out inside cavity.
- Rinse outside and inside cavity with water, pat dry.
- Lightly coat outside with oil.
- Seasoned salt, rosemary, garlic & parsley.
- Tuck wings back.
- Place breast down into roasting pan.
- Add meat thermometer into center of meat, away from the bone.
- Place into oven preheated to 375 degrees.
- Roast for 10 to 12 minutes per pound or when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.