Smart home devices are one of the top holiday gifts each year.
Their ease of use and convenience make them a consumer favorite across the globe. But how do you keep your smart home secure? We asked our IoT expert Paul Kurtz for his top 5 tips to keep your smart home secure.
- Don’t be in the mindset, “It won’t happen to me”. We are all at risk and the stakes are high–to your personal and financial well-being.
- Always make sure you have the most recent software update.
- Change default passwords on all internet connected devices.
- Lock your phone/Laptop/Desktop anywhere people have physical access to your devices.
- Limit the number of different apps used for home automation, the more you have the more time and effort it takes to keep them all up to date.
And as always, check the use and care guide before setting up your smart home devices.